A return to South Africa for an Adventure

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Bike
Suzuki DR350
Hi All,

Although I am a born and bred jo'berg girl, I have been living in Aussie for the last 10 years. I am back in SA now looking for a proper adventure, non of this "lets ride to the gold coast and back' stuff. I recently did the Kruger Park Fence ride with my dad Jimbo and another wild dog member Andre Oudendaal.

I have a little Yamaha XT 250 back in Brisbane - great little bike! I ride it most days to work and back and if i am lucky i will be invited out to a cattle farm for a weekend of mustering and motorbiking. That Yamaha has done over 250,000km - it is going on 10 years that I have had it, and only now am i thinking about an upgrade.

While here in SA, Jimbo has set up a lekker Suzuki DR 350 for me to ride, he loves them so much he has 2 exactly the same.

This was my trusty steed for the Kruger Park Fence ride - it took me a while to get used to the it, the extra height, speed and power etc

Since doing the ride - which was a round trip of approx 1900km i have full trust in that bike  - it can handle bloody anything!

I will posting the ride report - look forward to your comments.