ADVENTURE JACKETS BUDGET vs EXPENSIVE

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NEON DEON

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 1190 Adventure
Choice these days are huge , from budget to very expensive , and as the saying goes you get what you pay for . I have a couple of jackets some old some new , but keen on a orange "KTM " jacket , so passed by RAD yesterday afternoon to do a bit of info shopping . KTM jackets around 10K  , saw a very nice Scott jacket 8.5 k , and the more budget friendly a Metalize one for 4k .
The Scott one screams buy me , just dont know if my budget would allow , the Metalize one does tick all the boxes and  has more Orange in it .
My view
Scott jacket ,
lots of vents  , magnetic vent  closures ,full length zips on sleeves ,  rain inner with a thermal , and looks very good . quality cant be denied.
Metalize jacket
lots of vents , zip closure , full length arm zips , fit adjustment , rain lining , warm lining , looks good , just not in the Scott league , but cant fault it .
from all of the jackets I own and have acquired , i have noticed one common  MISTAKE if I can call it that , Most of the outer shell are good , have vents and pockets and reflective srtips . In my opinion the shortfall is with the inner. one has to zip the warm liner into the rain liner so on any trip you have to take both , now we now apart from the CAPE we dont sommer get rain in winter , but it gets cols , so you would want to zip in the warm liner and have breath ability , with the rain liner this sometimes is not the case and the jacket can make you sweat because of the plastic rain jacket .
From me checking out the jackets yesterday it seems the Scott does not use a plastic rain jacket but some fancy technical material to keep one dry , problem is that the warm liner mite not be as effective as one would like it to be . Yes aware a long sleeve warm thing could be warn as well but this has a tendency to bulk up and possibly restrict movement and comfort .
So for now the search contineus , but I have to admit the SCOTT does have a unfair advantage at this stage . Fortunately my birthday is some 7 weeks away and I have a bit of time to convince myself about a from me to me prezzie .