Advice needed - have to stock the bike garage again

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Camel man

Puppy
Reaction score
Bike
Suzuki DL 1000 V-Strom
Hello everyone.  I have an old question, which I am sure will spark quite a bit of debate....What bikes should I buy?

I am currenlty bikeless - my bike was stolen 1 December last year and I am currenlty considering various options....

The twist, however, is that I have (as most I suppose) varying needs and as you will see from the list below, currently sit with a situation whereby I will probably need several bikes to meet my needs. 

Therefore opening the question up to the forum as I would like to get away with as few bikes as possible.  Certain non-negotiables are:
1 - I have to get a bike for the wife - would be good as this can double-up to meet some of my needs as well;
2 - I have to get a superbike again - specifcally for track days;
3 - Need to keep it as cheap as possible as there are quite a few other financial needs I need to meet - would love to go and buy a BMW 1200 ADV or even the ADV LC, but eish, it is expensive....

As for my bikning needs and current thoughts around what would meet those needs, see below:
1 - Commuting to work - KLR 650/Vstrom 650/BMW GS 650 F;
2 - Getting a bike for the missus - BMW GS 650 F (pretty much limited to the BM due to the wife being a shorty)
3 - Bike for long tar road travels (mostly 1 up, very rarely 2 up) - Vstrom 1000/Suzuki Bandit 1200;
4 - Bike for gravel travel with tar sections in between - KLR 650;
5 - Bike for jaaging - this can only be a superbike.

So, what do you say?