Advice on riding boots please.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Charlie Brown

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Kawasaki KLR 650
Hi, could anybody perhaps give me a bit of advice on riding boots?

I don't do, or plan to do hectic off roading. I quite enjoy just pottering around on some easy going gravel roads, with the odd excursion onto twee spoor. When I get to wherever I'm going, I like to walk around and take in the sights and sounds of the place. So, in essence, light off roading with all day comfort and ease of walking around, without having to remove my boots and put on shoes, is what I'm looking for in a boot. I currently have a pair of O2's, but I don't think they are quite up to the task of offering a reasonable amount of ankle protection in the inevitable event of an off.

I've had a look at the W2 boot, not too keen on the suede leather, and I've looked at the Gaerne ( spelling?), which seems to be better from a cleaning point of view. I'd imagine that the W2 boot is a bit of a bitch to keep reasonably clean?? Both these boots are priced around the R2500.00 mark.

Which of these two makes is the better for what I'm wanting to do, or does anybody have a better alternative? I do realize that I'm not going to get the ultimate protection out of any of these two makes, but they are better than what I currently use.

Thanks in advance.