Advice required: Sold a bike, registration docs missing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Should I?

• go get new reg docs

Votes: 5 62.5%
  • go hand in the yellow form

Votes: 3 37.5%

• Total voters

newguy

Grey Hound
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R80GS
Last year about February I sold my 990 to a guy on this forum.

A while ago I went to register my car license. Got a message from post office that they can't give me a disk because there is a warrent or something like that. Go to metro and there is a outstanding fine on my name, about R700.

So I asked the guy who bought it from me if the bike is registered on his name, he says yes, but he has since sold the bike, so I did not even bother to mention the fine, my loss.

I recently bought a 950 and when I registered it, they would not give me the disk due to outstanding license. I check the license and see it is the 990. So the fucker that bought it from did not register and also lied about it to me.

Now between him and the guy that bought the bike they have lost the registration papers of the bike.  :dousing:

so my options:
1- go through a tremendous amount of effort to go and declare lost documents, apply for new reg docs etc.
2- go hand in the yellow form to take the bike of my name, the bike will eventually deregister and he can go do police clearance and reregister it as probably a code 3.