Aerotrim + 1200GS

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wooly bugger

Bachelor Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Buell Ulysses XB12
I see that a fair amount of comment regarding the fitment of an Aerotrim screen deflector exists on the Forum. This query is aimed specifically at 1200GS owners who have had 1st hand experience with this item, be it good or bad. I note that there appears to be a sales/after-sales issue with the manufacturers and or suppliers but I am not really interested in that. I need to know whether this gadget works, or not. I am 6 feet tall and ride with the standard GS screen. I wear a Shoei Hornet helmet with the standard peak and find the wind, especially at speeds over 120kph, a problem for me. Overtaking on the highways through "dirty air" and into "clean air" throws the bike, or should I say rider, around a bit! I struggle with an old neck injury and I find the constant buffeting tiresome on my neck!

So.........does this thing work and is it worth the almost R 600.00 outlay?

I have tried the lowered seat position but feel much more comfortable with the seat height in the standard position.

Any comments, suggestions or other constructive advice will be appreciated.