African adventure

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Bike
BMW F650GS / Dakar
After 5 months of chilling, writing my book and prepping a new bike, tomorrow I head out on the second leg of my RTW.
I started in May 2007, riding from Prudhoe Bay to Ushuaia (58 000 km), sold my 650GS in Buenos Aires, sailed to Antarctica and Cape Town and arrived home in March.
The African journey should see me riding from Cape Town, via Namibia, Botswana, Zambia, Malawi, Tanzania, Uganda, Rwanda, Kenya,  Ethiopia, Sudan, egypt, Libya, Algeria, Tunisia, to Morocco. Plan to take 6 - 8 months.
I am riding a 2007 Dakar, bought with  8000 km on the clock (thanks Mike Pohl at Lyndhurst) and prepped mostly by Kurt Beine.
Mods include SW Motech panniers, crash bars and main stand, HID headlight, Ohlins rear shock, Touratech front springs, sealed battery, Touratech chain guide, sprocket cover, footpegs, foot levers, fork sliders. Second fuel filter (inline with original), K&N airfilter, Powerflow exhaust. Garmin Zumo, Touratech tank bags.
With luck, and internet cafes, the ride will be reported on my website : vagamoto.com
I am heading first to Cape Town via Lesotho, will be there in 10 days, and depart on about the 22nd September. If anyone is around for a beer, please mail me at [email protected]. Cheers, David

Attachments

• Bike 1.jpg
    Bike 1.jpg
    179.1 KB · Views: 115
  • Bike 2.jpg
    Bike 2.jpg
    172.7 KB · Views: 110
  • Nose art.jpg
    Nose art.jpg
    199 KB · Views: 111