AIRHO COMMANDER ,QUESTIONS

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NEON DEON

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 1190 Adventure
Bought  myself a Commander and will admit its not on par with a Shoei or Arai , but a great nice light weight helmet that does me good , And for my riding will do the job , But I have a couple of questions , In the box the helmet is supplied with a pinlock visor , Thinking of fitting it , but concerned the edge could impair vision , Any opinions on this?
Then mod no 2 is to add a intercom system , as things stand my choice is the Cardo freecom 1+ , had a look at some installation videos and it looks like the hole provided in the shell is not big enough for the cable plugs to pass thru , one small concern , if one was to use this hole , do you leave it open or cut the plug in such a way to go around the wires and still cover the hole? This idea is my plan, Also have this idea to use my dremel and open the hole just big enough for the plug to pass , squeeze in . dont think that a mm will cause any structural damage, As this install will be semi permanent ( only to be removes on helmet replacement I also plan to "glue" the wirers passing thru the hole in place with a bit of RTV.
Please let me know your thoughts on your intercom installation in this helem