Airoh Helmets - Avoid them

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GreenMachine

Race Dog
Reaction score
Phoenix, Arizona, USA (Originally Kempton Park)
Bike
Kawasaki KLR 650
One of our member at KLRWorld posted up this article. https://klrworld.com/forums/index.php/topic,14760.0/topicseen.html

I am going to copy it here just in case you boys and gals get this crap in the SA market.
Imagine you're in the middle of the woods riding with a couple of friends when one of them drops his bike. He was just going a tad too fast for a graceful landing when his new lightweigt and very affordable Airoh helmet hits the dirt but, instead of protecting him from injury, its chin piece snaps off like nothing, cuts his throat and severs his cervical artery.

Helmet1.jpg

Helmet2.jpg

I found the tragic story on a European motorcross site and started checking around a little bit because I never heard of the brand. Apparently it's not the only sad story out there involving Airoh. It turns out the manufacturer is from Italy, has a dozen or so "affordable" models on the market and eventhough they don't have official distributors in the US, their helmets can be bought over the internet with some of them making it onto eBay as well. The few writeups I found all had below average to mixed reviews. 

After a little more checking it did get a little more interesting. It turns out that Airoh also sells its models under the brand names of Caberg and Vox, which are sold in the US.

I guess you get what you pay for and a good deal might not be as good as some would hope.

Anyhow, I just wanted to pass this on.