Airport Multi-level Parking

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Supervan

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW F650GS / Dakar
I was wonderring about something.  I regularly traverse through the ever mutating area referred to as DF Mal....uhhhm...Cape Town International Airport.  When passing through the multi-level parking building I almost always see some (usually DS, although this has nothing to do with the question) bikes parked on sidewalks, tiled areas and generally the small places we enjoy parking in just for the sake of not parking in a cage spot.
What I was wonderring is if you need to pay to park?  What if you just circumvented the booms and parked on the tiles behind the Paystation?  Can a bike even be wheelclamped?  Do the authorities even bother clamping bikes even if they could because they are tolerant to the little space they take up? What will I have for lunch today?  ???  ???
These are the questions that keep me awake...during the day.

Are any one here one of those parking bandits that can clarify this for me?  I want to go to CTIA today to welcome a friend from overseas and I was just wonderring where to park, really.