Always a biker at heart!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Goose

Grey Hound
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS Adventure
Some of you WD have been part of Ilse's ride - others contributed to helping her and some read the article published in BikeSA.

This morning I get the following email sent to me.........   

"A year ago at the age of 40 I was parelised from the waist down after an accident at work and after reading your article in bike sa I was wondering if you can plse assist me with the following.

Did you have to make alterations to the bike to accomodate her?

Was her feet strapped to the motorcycle and how did she get on and off the bike.

The reason for asking is that being a very keen biker for years the thing I mis the most is my bike riding. I've tried to ride a scooter on xmas day which went well untill i stopped and fell over.

I bought my son a Honda VFR  and would love to go riding but are just to afraid.

Thanx

James
"

Liewe hemel mense.................... can we not put some brains together and find a way to help this fellow 2wheeler?  ???

As a pillion with his son, maybe there are options. Maybe some concept or design that could be used - get his son to be the pillion, and use his legs to balance the bike when stopping...?

Maybe the VFR must go.......... and a DS bike as replacement - especially for the riding position?  :thumleft:

Anyone..............?

Attachments

• Biker.jpg
    Biker.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 203
  • Biker2.jpg
    Biker2.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 202