And we all fell down, PE, Kareedouw, Rust en vrede eco trail, Baviaans, WET!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jman

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Suzuki XF650 Freewind
So eksuus my engels en jammer vir die spelfoute, maar hier gaan dit: (and yes I tried photobucket, but my MB are low this month, so next time, bear with me)

Most probally the most eventfull ride of my biking career, but as always, lots of fun, and this time not in the sun, but in a very wet eastern cape. It started off as BigE included met in the emails of a ride being planned by Sakkie, as I heard innitiated by Mike, I think he is MikeH on the forum.

untill the very last day before the ride I still was not sure of going on this ride, the forecasts said, 60% chance of rain the whole weekend and then later 80% for Sunday.  I had this quesy feeling, but think it was more from work stress, so I though what the heck, this will be a good unwinder, and so it was.

Day 1:

We started off at Mike's house 7am on Saturday mornig, did some fine tuning on BigE's bike, then set off from a cloudy but other wise beautyfull PE day to van stadens pass, through some back roads, mostly tar.

We stopped at little garage at jbay turnoff to fill up and then head towards kareedouw via gravel.

On the way there, Mike was driving on his back weel a bit to much and his toolbag got emptied, he went back and found most of it, on another section a farmer was ripping the road, yes ripping the road, so first Sakkie got planted in a "voor" and while I still though "blerrie boer wat die pad so opneuk" I went down on almost the same spot, in full view of a laughing Herms.  But ja, we all had a laugh that day... ;D, en wie die laaste lag lag die lekkerste, ne Herms. :biggrin:

Anyway, Mike also dropped his bike after closing a gate and when climbing on again, the ground on the other side was a bit far, and down he went, the rest of the way he was riding over the techinical stuff like it was a tar road.

Next to go down was Albie, driving whith us only up till Kareedouw, he whet down in a "moerse" ditch across the road.  Saw the ditch to late, tried to go sideways through, and lost his balance, as he fell he gunned the throttle and the bike spun out inder him and he bounced with his butt on the back wheel, was a nice show at the expence of a KLR mirror.

We came into Kareedouw a bit late, and decided to skip breakfeast and just have a quick bite and mosey on, Albie left us to do the Willowmore side around on tar.

As we came back unto the gravel from Kareedouw C took a corner with a bit to much confidence or exitement, and went down in a ditch. 

Next down came from BigE as we went down a steep little pass, and he lost it in a ditch, think this was his first fall (I think) while the bike was moving, some scrathes on the KLE panels, nothing serious.

Now it started raining a little, and the road was like a little mud river, some lekker water crossing, but all and all very slippery.  We had some nice roosting with mud sessions, and me and C got each other good, much fun.

BigE went down again on a very rocky slope, just putting his baby down on its side, and the tiredness was starting to show.

Next to go down was Mike's wife, yes she was along on a little honda 230, and man did she ride well! She just slipped on a wet rock on a down slope and went for a nice rustige fall.

Sakkie got a flat front tyre and Herms with a full and complete toolbox and Mike with his knowhow, changed the tube in no time. We had some lekker kalua while changing the tyre, and southern comfort, and I think I had a few slugs to much because:

I went down again on a rocky ditch, riding to close to C, breaking and swerving to avoid him, and broke my clutch leaver.  Drove the last bit with out a clutch, was quite a challenge because of all the farms gates, and nice muddy areas, but not to bad.

By now everyone went down expept Herms, and after a lot of jokeing and checking the odds against him, I think he felt a bit of pressure, en so waars as wragtig, down he whent, less than 1 km from camp, loosing it through a muddy water puddle.  I could not get my camera out quickly enough. ;)

We stayed in a very nice camp ground, and as we arrived, we saw our tents already pitched and matresses blown up, everything orgnised, thats ALOT to Sakkies wife, Helga, and Mike's wife's sister and her husband for all the work they did pitching the camp.

We braaied, had a dop and slept like babies, dreaming of the next day, adn praying for rain not to come.

Ok, nous my vingers moeg, tyd om die muis te klik en foto's te post!: