Another 1150 GS "ABS Question AGAIN " ****Sorted !!!****

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pietb

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS Adventure
The past weekend we did a shortish trip (about 600 Km) all tar road !!
The last say 150 k`s when I used my brakes, front or rear, the Warning light plus ABS flickered.
It was as if the rear is more sensitive than the front. Then I saw when I really brake hard on the rear, the lights stayed on, still flickering though (after a restart it was normal again till I used the brakes). Monday morning I took my bike to BMW Centurion and a very helpfull mechanic (the foreman i think) helped me and he informed me that my brake fluid level is too low and needs to be filled up at the ABS unit or pump as he showed me. I was under the impression that my discs are to thin but he gave me the assurance that its not. I went back to my place and did all he suggested. Still the same !! I phoned him again and he said I must bring it back next week for a diagnostic check ??
Now I`m skared to death as another guy who sells second hand BMW spares said if this units gone ! and in his own words "this is a norm on BMW`s at about 65 - 70 000 k`s the pumps tend to go ????". New one is R 23 K and he can help me with a secondhand one for R5K ???
Please guys any help or info would be highly appreciated !!
Is there any "cheaper way" getting out here if the unit is damaged ?
Regards
Piet