Another biker down- Boeing road PTA east

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WP

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 990 Adventure
This is and will always be a sad occurrence, on the way to my office I came across a accident scene, a bike driving in front of the car in front of me hit a pedestrian. Luckily the rider was ok apart from a few scratches and being shocked as hell. The pedestrian was injured but it seems as though she is going to be ok.

Unfortunately accidents happen, been in a few myself and they are never lekker. The rider of the bike has only been riding for about 6 months and had a BMW 1150GS which seemed to be in excellent condition, but he told me that he is now finished with bikes. Never wants to ride again, might just be the shock, but it got me wondering, how many of these cases can be avoided by proper rider training? Do not get me wrong, I do not believe I am God's gift to motorcycling and I do not know if this rider perhaps had proper training. But surely it could help reduce the amount of accidents?

All I can say is when driving home from work today I will be more extra careful than I usually am. Please guys and girls, drive save and keep your eyes open. :eek: