• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Wild Dog Adventure Riding and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Aprilia Caponord ETV1000 (Price dropped)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cane Rat

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Aprilia ETV1000 Caponord
Aprilia ETV1000 Caponord for sale
Model: 2002
Milage: 33200km
Service record. No. Serviced it myself, but serviced every time it was due.
Price: 60,000 onco

Extras:
H&B 45L aluminium panniers
Kappa 48L top box
Aprilia crashbars
K&N Air filter
K&N Oil filter
Irridium plugs (Fitted on last service)
Hyper Pro springs all round.
Ricor inteminators in front forks.
Wild @ Heart mini compressor.
Oxford tank bag
Garmin quest Ram mount.
Pooratech handlebar brace.
Pooratech collapsible gear lever.
Carbon-fibre lookalike dash, reservoir cover, lower engine protection cover
Accessory plug on dash.
Voltmeter on dash.
Main stand.
LED taillight bulbs.
Kaoko cruise control.
I’ll also throw in a set of paddock stands (Front & Rear)

New DID x-ring Gold chain and new sprockets fitted about a 500km ago.
Also serviced about a 500km ago.
All wheel bearings and seals as well as rear suspension linkage bearings and seals replaced about 6 months ago.
Tires: Bridgestone Trail Wings – reasonable.

Those that know the Capo’s will know they had some quirks. I have done the following mods to get rid of the quirks.

Plastic fuel dis-connectors replaced with metal ones.
Original Aprilia rectifier regulator was replace with that of a Honda Goldwing (RR29).
The brown connectors, prone to overheating and melting, was removed and wires joint by soldering. (BTW it had 2 brown connectors in the wiring from the alternator to the rectifier)

Just for the record, except for the fuel connectors, none of the other items changed, ever gave me any problems. I merely did the mods because it was widely discussed on the Caponord forum.

Okay, then something that not everybody will like: The cans were gutted. I took the standard insides out and replaced it with a perf pipe straight thru. The cans around the perf pipe is stuffed full of fiberglass. It’s loud, but not obnoxious (IMHO) and then the right side passenger foot peg must be replaced.

Why am I selling? Well being in Angola most of the year, the bike gets ridden very little and I was thinking its time to get another toy.