AROUND LESOTHO FEED BACK

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zugger2

Puppy
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1150GS Adventure
We have returned from our trip around lesotho . WE had all kinds of weather conditions and road conditions and would like to comment on the tyres used on the trip.

HAVE A GSA 1150 AND USED KAROO 2 ON THE TRIP and did 3500 km with approx 1500 on dirt. We were to do more off road riding but the weather did not play along.  We were also fully laden for camping and and I recon the bike with full tank and my body weight was close to to 450 kg/
TAR
I was very happy with the tyres in the dry and the wet. On tar the pressure was 3 bar and as said I did not have any scary moments with the tyres. WE travelled at speeds of betwen 120 and 140 and i recon I still have at least another 3500 k left on the tyres

ON DIRT
WE EXPERIENCED MUD CORRIGATIONS WASH AWAYS ROCKS PEPPLES POT HOLES.

The tyres performed well off road even though we had heavy mud, I dropped the bike once in the mud due to a bike being dropped in front of me and trying to get a different line to pass . There was a lot of sliding but the bike corrected it self very well. I front tire pressure was 2.5 and the rear 2.6 .The tyres were perfect in the rocks and gravel roads where we could get our speed up. I will use these tyres again. I hope this report will be of use to the adventure riders