Around The Middle: Hugging Lesotho

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Unodewaal

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW F800GS
I've unfortunately recently sold my F800, but I'm already keen to organise another trip.

A major bucket list is to do a trip around Lesotho - basically hugging the border as close as possible.
We've done JHB - Rhodes via Sani (east) before, and have done JHB - Rhodes via Wepener (west) before and have done small sections out of Clarens towards Fickburg, on bike and by car, so we are slightly familiar with the main routes.

However... We're looking for those sneaky (legal) routes that will bring us RIGHT to the border. Think of the Warhead trail from Tenahead to Tiffendell style routes.

Any suggestions and places to stay? I've bargained on around 1500-2000km's and we'll mainly do dirt roads and cattle paths. Our bikes are undecided yet, but would probably try and go smaller than 800.

Here's a preview of the route we have planned: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1RfKN12sAsvlLmC4dnZ0cmfWODAM&usp=sharing

Also unsure about when to do this - we are probably doing it in July/August.