Article on breakfast runs, material needed for Johannesburg

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kickstarter

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Honda XL500S
Greetings dogs. I am putting together an article on breakfast runs for a magazine. The aim of the article is to just be a quick travel guide of sorts to some great runs around the country. As I live in Cape Town, I've had no problem getting material around here. I would like to cover a day route out from Johannesburg which would be a mix of tar and dirt. I have not ridden up country whatsoever, but the word on the street is that riding around the Magaliesberg Mountains is quite epic. I am open to suggestions.

What I need to write the article is a description of the route itself, where it is and how to get there. Some highlights you can expect, things to look out for, places to stop for coffee. What goes through your mind when you are there? Why do you ride this particular route?

Any photos will really enhance it so anything you would like to share would be welcome, bearing in mind that they are for publishing in a magazine so need to be of decent quality.

Your help would be appreciated as I've agreed to do this on short notice and so need to put it together this weekend.

Thanks!