As die berg nie na Madala toe kom nie moet Madala maar na die berg toe!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Madala

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS Adventure
Inspired by forum reports on the great rides in the Cape I decided to go the NIKE way - just do it.

On Saturday 29 March Johan and myself left Kempton at 07:00. The plan was to avoid the highways but to stick to the tar up to Beaufort West. We would meet up with Callie ,his wife Lorraine and his dad in Prince Albert and then travel together.

Or route took us to Parys, Vredefort, Kroonstad, Hennenman, Virginia, Theunissen, Brandfort into Bloemfontein. From Bloem we went to Edenburg, Trompsburg up to Gariep where we slept on our first night.

The camp site at the resort is still in excellent shape and we had a good meal at the resort restaurant.

Day 2 : Again leaving at 07:00 we went via Norval's Pont to Colesberg, Hannover, Richmond, Three Sisters to Beaufort West. Another few k's and we reached the turn off to Prince Albert on the other side of Leeu Gamka. This was what it was all about. New areas that I have not experienced. Since childhood we often went to the Cape but forever stuck to the same quickest routes. This was different. No real  "destination", simply enjoying every moment.

The road was great and we enjoyed the view of the Swartberg mountains, getting closer and closer. We stopped a few times to take photos and simply to enjoy the outdoors. Life is great!

We reached our overnight stop and met up with the rest of the party at the camp site on the Olive farm.

Sunset at Gariep
Norval's Pont
Hello Gravel
Swartberg mountains

Part 2 to follow

Attachments

• a.jpg
    a.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 133
  • Klowe 014.jpg
    Klowe 014.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 132