ASK ME I AM A BIKER

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

COLES

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS
Posted on behalf of great friends and the man that started biking at the age of 60 ++++++++++
and the dog who said i should have introduced myself before posting anything

Here we go

ANDRE%20BIKE.JPG

The fellows in the photo are from left Andre of Motor Sport fame headed VW Sport world wide for a good few year retired and now contract worker      Dick in the blue jacket just makes kaaak and is highly regarded amongst the fellow who pull wire when he rewire homes also makes lamp shades  the last fellow is Selly of maaaaaak my naam gaaaaaaaaaaat fame

New ones and two,s for Selly

DSCF0087.jpg

The fellow on the left is Mike R flexing something he rides a GS 800 but sold it rather suddenly and is waiting to take delivery of his 1200 terry sothing or other

DSCF0095.jpg

The fellow in the yellow jacket is Mike B besides being born in Moordenaars Kloof some time in the late 1940 or early 50,s his real claim to fame is that he assisted Supervan to many race and rally wins in the Audi Quattro

DSCF0081.jpg

1.12989%5B1%5D.jpg

OK so now all the actor have been introduced      we gathered outside Uitenhage for a ride to the Kirkwood area there are some real great road to ride around kirkwood like the one off the R75 Blue Cliff gravel to the R336.

Now the main dude in our group Andre the contractor is not really happy on gravel    we stopped in Addo for breakfast at Lenmore really a great place to relax

After breakfast the manne convinced the contractor to accompany us up the gravel road to the Zooberg Inn  as all u dogs know that have ridden this road the gravel is real good condition

DSCF0089.jpg

DSCF0091.jpg

Andre was full of chirps when we reach the hotel really a great ride up the mountain

The posers  Kodak memory of toppies

DSCF0096.jpg

The under fed youngster on the right od the picture is Morne rally star son of the well developed fellow in the green stripped shirt

After  a cup of tea the contractor was convinced to ride with the group down to the elephant station 

The first stop was about 6 km from the hotel when the contractor wanted to change or re design the his bikes suspension    after a skyf or two and a chat the suspension had cooled and we moved on .

index_001_003.jpg

Arriving at the Elephant station

DSCF0100.jpg

DSCF0105.jpg

DSCF0104.jpg

The contractor waiting to give training instructions to the elephant handlers

DSCF0101.jpg

Wonderfull to see these great animals plod along just a bit to expensive for us pensioners to ride on these great animal but the foreigners dont seem to care about price

QUAD%20RIDE%20DEC%202008%20021.jpg

QUAD%20RIDE%20DEC%202008%20022.jpg

This was as Andre\CONTRACTOR said a real adventure never having ridden so far on gravel and of course NOW should anybody want to know anything about biking the contractor is quick to chirp

ASK ME I AM A BIKER