• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Wild Dog Adventure Riding and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Assistance/Advice needed please - Sorted thanks

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vosperd

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 1290 Super Adventure
Hi All,

It's been a while but the force is too strong so i am getting back into it...

I have a dealer in JHB that has a very good deal on a 2018 KTM 1290 ADV R. I am looking to buy same from Namibia because we are fortunate enough NOT TO HAVE a KTM dealer over here and therefore cant get the bikes landed here without paying an arm and a leg. In fact me and a friend are looking to buy and we are actually looking at two new 1290's and possibly trading his 1190 ADV R (2014), 20 odd k KM that as to be imported to SAF. We wil handle all the ocs etc but reckon dealer will have to pay the import VAT and claim it back his side again.

The issue is the VAT side of things. The dealer does not want to sell the bike zero rated for VAT. I have been doing transport for long enough to know the process and that all SARS requires is the actual proof of export and there will be no issues. The proposal was that we pay the VAT and the dealer pays us back the VAT as soon as he receives the proof of export. That said we still have to pay 16.5% for VAT and upliftment when entering NAM. So its a lot of cash to fork out - no financing here I am afraid given the structure of the deal. The dealer wants to keep our VAT money for 100 days to ensure there are no SARS issues and then pay it back, this can and will not work for us its too much cash lying around.

Question:

1. Any (other) dealers interested in such a deal?
2. Anyone in the trade that can assist at a reasonable fee to sort out the VAT?

Many Thanks
Vosperd