Aussies In Africa

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jaffa

Puppy
Reaction score
Bike
Triumph 800 XC
Howdy from Down Under, my 2nd post here, the first being my intro message.

So, some intrepid friends and I are planning a bit of a trip to your wonderful country (and others in southern Africa) in the latter half of 2021 (jeez, where did the last 50 years go), and are after a little help.

Our intention is to fly into Cape Town, then do a clockwise direction through Namibia, into Botswana, then onto Victoria Falls and Zimbabwe, back into Botswanan at the Plumtree border crossing then back into South Africa via the Groblersbrug (where does such a name come from).  We will then travel south into Lesotho, but before we go there, we are in need of some information on the North Western part of the country, particularly places to say (I've seen the interactive map in this section), places to visit and good roads to ride.  We are all seasoned riders so looking for secondary/dirt roads less travelled.  Its an adventure ride after all.  Also, I've heard of the Dragons Tail ride, hence the trip through Lesotho, any additional information on that and places / sites to visit and see would be very helpful.

Looking forward to hearing from you and your suggestions.

Regards
Jaffa (Jeff).