Auto Alpina ask me to choose a finger

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Funplifier

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW F800GS
Lets start at the beginning. We came back from a trippie and between Amersfoort and Standerton (just before Perdekop) I went over some potholes. Here I have to thank Majuba power station, coal truck operators and our lovely govermund.
Anyway, my BM topbox decided to let go and took a heavy tumble. The hole bottom part cracked so badly that we had to tie it to the bike with towrope. Sad part is that the box was not specified at the insurance company.
Yesterday I phoned Auto Alpina to order the bottom part of the box for R1306-00. This morning  I strapped the broken box onto the bike. The plan was to ask them to fit the ordered part. They phoned me today to come and collect.
So at the dealership I took my chances and asked to speak to someone regarding a guarantee and if BM will replace my box or part of it. I told them the story and showed them the pics I took of the incident. They looked at me and ask to choose a finger. I smiled and choose the…..  :thumleft:  :thumleft: So they did some paperwork. Now we just need to wait for final approval from BM. Just shows you…with a friendly attitude one can go a far way.
Well done Auto Alpina! Will keep you guys posted.