Awesome Getaway- Naude's Neck,Lundeans and Tiffendal

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Badger

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS Adventure
My wife Fran and I have been wanting to get away for a while now . As I have read about other dawgs that are feeling the same way( must be a sickness of some sort) tired of short one day rides.

So we packed the Badger and left  Kloof early on Friday morning. It was 15 deg and freezing.

We turned off at Camperdown and headed for Kokstad via Richmond and Ixopo. Enjoyed a good wimpy breakfast in Kokstad then headed for Matatiele.

About 15 km’s after Matat on the Mt Fletcher Rd we turned off the tar onto the Rhodes road via Naudes Neck pass. The weekend fun started here…… What an awesome pass. We did not pass another vehicle for Hrs.

We arrived in Rhodes in time to buy some supplies and checked in to our cozy chalet on Kinmel Guest Farm. It is at the junction of the Rhodes Rd and the road to Tiffendal.
Willem welcomed us as family and made sure we had enough firewood.

Kevin and Sarah (Outthere) arrived from Jeffries bay where they had been exploring for the last week. We enjoyed a nice Durban lamb curry that night. ( burn you twice mother in law curry).

We woke up on Saterday morning to be greeted by a blanket of frost……….Flip ice is slippery ……duh In other words saw my arse on the ice……. Good way to start the day hahahaha

Kevin plotted an incredible ride exploring Naudes Neck, Lundeans neck, Jouberts pass, Wartrail, Tiffendal and Tenahead Lodge.

Fran and I were shouting in our helmets it was so pretty. I think we were getting sensory overloads from the awesome scenery.

The section in between Tiffendal and Tenahead Lodge was challenging and saw Fran and I buying a nice plot in the rocks………. Bruised but nothing broken thank goodness.
Our reward was a specially baked lemon meringue by Sarah and Kevin’s son Sean who is a chef at the lodge……….A lekker treat for sure.

We then rode down Naude’s Neck pass in the dark into Rhodes where we had dinner at the hotel before hitting the hay………. WOW what a ride…..Thanks Kevin and Sarah.

Kevin and Sarah had to head back home on Sunday so Fran and I had a lazy day fly fishing on the farm. I managed to get a small beautiful rainbow so that made my day.

We packed up on Monday morning and after saying our thanks we headed to Elliot via the Wolweshoek Rd. Very beautiful road and I can recommend all the roads in that area.

The tar road from Elliot to Ugie and Maclear is a road bikers dream, new and no potholes.

We managed good time and got home around 4 ish in the afternoon.

What a place and what a good time…. Including our dents, scratches and bruises……hahahaaa.

Attachments

• On the Naudes Neck road.jpg
    On the Naudes Neck road.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 356
  • Farmers Paradise Naudes Neck.jpg
    Farmers Paradise Naudes Neck.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 347
  • Naudes Neck road.jpg
    Naudes Neck road.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 344
  • View Naudes Neck.jpg
    View Naudes Neck.jpg