Back from the Big Bash

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bud500 (R.I.P)

Grey Hound
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 990 Adventure
So let me be the first to say a BIG thank you to everyone that made this weekend possible, people like Michnus, Watty, KiLRoy and ofcourse all the Wilddogs that attended. I hope everyone riding back as I am typing this is having a fun safe ride.
Herewith a few pics of my experience.
Being based in East London I hit the road at 15h00 on Friday afternoon. The planned route was the quick and easy one, Stutterheim, Cathcart and Hogsback, scarcely long enough to get settled in.
The first dirt of the weekend, the 50km from Cathcart to Hogsback.
WDHogsback001.jpg

At the campsite after 50km of billiard table type dirtroad, Stunning! Lush green grass to camp on and loads of Wilddogs, this is going to be good. No tails are sniffed but bikes get checked out..
WDHogsback007.jpg

The headquarters for the festivities, right on the campground with bar and builts in braai.
WDHogsback031.jpg

WDHogsback008.jpg

After happiness and lots of making of merry we had a massive rain shower overnight was greeted by this on Saturday morning.
WDHogsback013.jpg

Luckily the weather did not hold and soon we were sat at Nina's in Hogsback enjoying breakfast.
WDHogsback018.jpg

The rest of the Saturday the pack scattered in all directions, loads of adventures were had and I'm sure we'll see some good reports. Me and Shark ZA wanted to see a few waterfalls in the area but this was cut short due to an overly thirsty KLR, apparently from chasing CrazyPorra at full speed the previous day.
Here goes Shark.
WDHogsback019.jpg

Luckily we did get to see the Madonna & Child falls after a moer of a staircase down.
WDHogsback021.jpg

And then it was the moer of a staircase back up in full ATGATT and the remnants of the previous night's indulgence still throbbing away, it was not pretty.
Here is Shark taking some strain, sorry but I was a bit shaky too...
WDHogsback025.jpg

At the top.
WDHogsback026.jpg