Back on Track (Gravel) - Quick overnighter in Dullstroom

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nicobie

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW F800GS
I was planning to get back on the gravel sometime - Not knowing if my nerves/confidence would play along.

After my fall in December I was not in the mood to get on the bike at all. (They say old bones take time to heel)

Then gradually the mind and I came to an agreement - I will take it slowly on tar only, and see how it feels.
That was done exactly 6weeks after the incident (Dr said ribs heel in 6 weeks), with a short trip with my friend PietB (not a dog) to Koedoeskop, Warmbaths, and an overnighter in Naboomspruit (Weesgerus resort).

All went well with that trip and then I followed up with trip to the MMC in Pietersburg during early March 2015. - Also only tar, but a longer distance as we travelled from Hekpoort, Brits, Thabazimbi, Ellisras, Marken and then Pietersburg.

Then came winter and I didn't feel like riding in the cold. Am I a sissie or what ???

But now the winter is on its head and PietB said that we must ride, before I lose all my skills, nerves, or whatever you can lose if you don't ride, and so this trip was forced onto me.

It would be short weekend trip to Dullstroom with as much gravel as possible. I copied part of the XRFest trip the previous year, from Bapsfontein to Bronkhorstdam for breakfast at the "Imagine Cafè". So we met at Sasol Pinehaven and started the trip in Bapsfontein.