Bad move, did I make?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jaybiker

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Kawasaki Versys
This was supposed to be a rave about my "new" bike. Triumph Tiger 1050 with only forty thousand clicks, bought from a mate at a nice price. Beautiful, with full matching luggage (when required, I only wear luggage when it's needed). 'Iron butt' comfortable, and everything so naaice, especially the way it rides with that tripple motor and Yoshi exhaust. And, I think for me it's going to be fast enough..... :devilish:o_O

But now the practical side. My buddy's not a DIY man, he's always had the bike regularly looked after, and the condition bears this out. Still, I am of necessity a DIY man, albeit a lazy one, and I like the tasks to be easy. Everything looks to be as straightforward as a modern bike can be I suppose, until...wait. Where the fucks the air filter? Oh no, I watched that ridiculous vid about the Ducati Desert X, and googling the Tiger is like watching the same footage. First remove the indicators :unsure: to service the air filter! followed by a bunch of panels and then the fuel tank, which was a two man job in the vid I was watching. Why? Does modern design, emissions crap etc have to make all this shit necessary? And it's just occurred to me that I haven't even yet considered spark plug access or a p.i.t.a. fuel filter.
Am I going to regret it? :unsure: