Baviaanskloof Trip & Prince Alfreds Pass this past weekend - 2nd Dec 2011

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pitpaplo

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1100GS
We, myself & dizzy dolphin, had lots of rain just before this trip in the Eastern Cape and before we even departed we had one rattled Dakar rider. Ok, so she maybe rattled! She’s still a learner and this is a serious ride and worse if the Combrink pass is wet!  :mwink: what the hell. We took a chance...

We left PE early Friday morning, in the rain, hoping for the weather to clear.

Dizzy Dolphin did great!  :thumleft: I only had to ride two bikes down Combrinks pass. The worst part was hiking up Combrinks pass with bike boots. Not fun!

Once we over and down Combrinks the weather was clear and I started overheating in the jacket.

There are lots of road works going on in the Baviaans and take care if driving in the Baviaans. The contractors with their company vehicles don’t have a speedlimit
Most of the road surface was great.

We met up with S.W.O 10km just before Dassiebak where we will crash for the night. This is a must do at least once. Hier het ons kos reg gekry lekker gekuier en gaan rond stap.

Daar was n ‘kak tafel’. Mense het baie moeite gedoen met inligting oor diere in ander grot te sit eb hulle stront by mekaar te maak. Moet net nie te veel van dit eet nie. Los vir die volgende  mense ook.

The next morning we spend half the day around the caves. We stopped at uitspan for some drinks and had some lunch before we departed to Prince Alfreds pass.
The pass looked like a nice sold surface but the tyres proofed different to me. My hol het n paarkeer sommer groot happe uit sitplek gevat. Agter wiel het net begin gly. Tweede aand het ons by Angie G-spot geslaap.

Laaste dag deur gery na Knysna. Ietsie daar gekry om te eet en drink. Daar vir S.W.O gegroet. Hy weer terug Mosselbaai toe en ek en Dizzy weer PE.

Dit was GREAT om weer weg te kom en veral weer in die Baviaans.

Attachments

• baviaans_15.jpg
    baviaans_15.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 519
  • baviaans_29.jpg
    baviaans_29.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 522
  • baviaans_67.jpg
    baviaans_67.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 524
  • baviaans_77.jpg
    baviaans_77.jpg