Bike for my 145kg friend????

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Redwolf

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 1290 Adventure R
So here's the thing: I have a huge friend that weighs 145kg, is about 2 meters tall and he wants a bike.

He is looking at something that is "mean" offroad looking and has the ability to still "scare" him. Scare is actually relative, but anyways. My proposition was something like a XR650 that has enough power to carry his weight, but they are so scarce that this is actually out of the question.

He will be using the bike to travel to work and back and play with it on weekends. Distance to work is about 5km. Don't think he will go on long trips, so comfort is not really an issue.
Other bikes on the list was:

Roadworthy WR450
Suzuki DRZ400
BMW Dakar
Klr
DR
KTM640

WR450: To much maintance and not good for going to work and back??
DRZ400: Maybe underpowered for 145kg??????
Dakar: Nice all-rounder, but not looking "mean" enough. Power????
KLR: Looks to much like a 'plaasbike'! Grin Factor?
DR: Don't know the bikes well.... Opinions? Grin Factor?
KTM640: Not within budget.

To  make this issue more complicated is that he wants me to help search for a bike and he wants it before mid February.
He is willing to spend R40k. Maybe little bit more (45k), but preferably not above R40k

All the above bikes is my own opinions. My friend doesn't know a lot about bikes and actually wants me to decide what he must buy..

Please help me..

Any opinions will be welcome. It would be nice if you have something to sell that fits his requirements