Bike leaners

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Asterix

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS Adventure
Confused ??? ???. what age must you be to go for your big bike learners, as far I as I know 18, but the laaitjie argu's with me,17. after a bit of googling, this is what comes up.
From https://www.services.gov.za/services/content/Home/ServicesForPeople/Driving/Drivingandearningtodrive/learnerslicence/en_ZA.

Different learner’s licences are issued for the various categories of motor vehicle:

•Code 1: This is for a motor cycle with or without a sidecar, motor tricycle or quadrucycle. You must be 16 years or older on the date of the test in order to apply if the motorcycle’s engine does not exceed 125 cc and 17 years or older if it exceeds 125 cc.
•Code 2: This is for a motor vehicle, including a minibus, bus or goods vehicle, with a gross vehicle mass not exceeding 3 500kg. You must be 17 years or older on the date of the test in order to apply.
•Code 3: This is for a motor vehicle with a gross vehicle mass exceeding 3 500kg. You must be 18 years or older on the date of the test in order to apply

Latest posts