Biker down, but not out!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ShadedGS

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS
Approximately 17H15 on Saturday the 23rd of November a biker was downed when a taxi attempted to make a u-turn on Hendrik Potgieter approaching the Nic Diederichs intersection in the Little Falls area, Roodepoort.

My wife and I arrived on scene about 5 minutes after the accident - so we did not personally witness the accident, nor can we speculate on how fast the biker was going or what actually transpired (etc) - we can only divulge what information was provided by witnesses on the scene.

We stopped to assist the downed biker as both my wife and I are trained in First Aid.

Eugene, who has worked at Makro, Strubens Valley, for the past 5 odd years, was travelling from work on his cruiser (I honestly don't know what it was, but it looked like a black boulevard) when he attempted to avoid the taxi, ricocheted off of it, losing the bike, which slid across the road and became wedged under the barrier. My opinion is that the bike is most likely a complete write off.

Eugene suffered injuries to his left heel (completely scraped away), his lower left leg broken with bone exposed, damage to his left hand, a lot of roasties as he was only wearing a leather jacket (did not look like a bike jacket), his standard work outfit and a little pot helmet.

We've been informed that he will be undergoing surgery later today and we will be making a turn at the hospital later tonight to see how he's doing. In my opinion (not a doctor), there is a chance that he may lose his leg (possibly from the knee). There is a LONG road to recovery ahead for him.

Can the Dogs please keep Eugene in their thoughts.

Thanks

Shade