Biker killed in Sandton

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ruff

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 640
https://www.news24.com/SouthAfrica/News/biker-killed-in-sandton-20160504

My wife and I drove past this scene yesterday before paramedics arrived. It was not nice to see and my wife's immediate response was to forbid me from commuting with my bike. I don't blame her. The young man's lifeless body was lying in the middle of the intersection, his blood running across the road. Bystanders were trying to calm down the lady who was clearly in shock. I doubt if the article is correct about her car striking the biker. To me it looked liked she turned in front of him as he was crossing the intersection and he struck her at considerable speed. Blame her or not, won't make a difference. But for the sake of yourself and your loved ones; never, ever, ever assume that a car has seen your bike coming. Or can judge your speed as you approach. Or care whether your'e gonna be killed. Always think of yourself as completely invisible on the road, because no one is looking out for you.