Blistering hot weather & tank slapper from... what the hell?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trystanb

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW F800GS
Went on a leisurely off-road excursion last week-end and then decided to squirt home on the freeway due to an appointmnet with Supersport. The road and air temperature was well over 30ºC (reading of 37ºC on bikes display).

Whilst accelerating to 140ish to pass a car a monster tank slapper developed . At fisrt i thought it was the road surface which was grooved concrete at the time, but when it happened again a few KM's later on smoothish asphalt i thought i either had a front puncture, or the tyre pressure was too low.

The front tyre and tyre pressure appeared fine after a road-side inspection and was confirmed as ok after checking a ittle later at a garage. Running Conti TKC 80's front on back on an F800 GS.

Has anyone else had a similar experience? And how do you sort it out? (I've had a minor wobbly on a terrible stretch of dirt before, but nothing as bad as this- especially since it was on road)