• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Wild Dog Adventure Riding and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

BMW 1150 GS

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Coxwain

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1150GS
OK Guys, This truly breaks my heart ....but it must be done as I'm emigrating.

She is a 2001 model and as sexy as when she left the showroom floor.

She is registered as a Code 3. As far as I know she had a minor fall and the tank was scratched and the handle bars were bent. That was enough for the insurance to write her off. The previous owner bought her back and fixed her. The tank has been resprayed and re stickered, it was professionally done, and the handle bars were replaced with a brand new set. Other than that there is no damage that I am aware of. I bought her about three and a half years ago and stripped her completely. I had the motor opened and checked by a German engineering company, who found the engine to be in perfect condition and obviously well maintained. They replaced both crank main bearings and seals due to slight wear on the rear thrust collar of the rear crank bearing, even though it was still within the BMW specifications. Other than that, there was no other work required on the engine.

Other things that have been done are:
Removal of the Cat, It has been replaced with a Y piece and the standard can...very nice set up.
Upgraded right hand cam chain tensioner was fitted. A must for all 1150 GS
The wiring harness has insulation has been completely re done....It looks really neat and tidy.
The gearbox bearings and seals were replaced. It was not necessary but I did it anyway.
Throttle body shafts were replaced.
The fuel filter has been moved to outside the tank. So much easier to change when needed. 
12v power socket fitted.
All electrical relays have been replaced
The seat has been recovered.
Tool tube fitted
Kappa touring screen fitted.
The bike has been serviced every 5000 km since I have owned her. I’m very anal about these kinds of things 

The honesty section   

There is no tool tray under the rear seat. I was going to buy a second hand one, but decided against it as there is more space for a puncture outfit, set of sockets, two screwdrivers and a tyre pressure gauge. There is a comprehensive set of tools in the tool tube. (which, I have never needed) This will all be included.
Both tyres are going to need to be replaced soon. I have two spare front tyres, which will be part of the deal, so you just need a back tyre.
She is a non ABS model and does not have heated grips.
She has 90500 km on the clock ....so not even run in yet. 
My Old Girl is running as sweet as any 1150 can. I have put around 20 000km on her since her rebuild. She doesn’t use a drop of oil between services and she runs as smooth as silk. She starts at the touch of the button. I have spent many happy hours and many blissful km on this bike and I am heartbroken that I have to leave her behind. There is nothing to be spent on this bike, other than a back tyre. She is licensed with papers, and with a new back tyre, will fly through road worthy.

There you go guys ....all this for the ridiculously low price of R40 000.00... A FLIPPING GIVE AWAY.
If you want more info, phone me or Whatsapp me on 0835591316

Cheers
Brian

Attachments

• IMG_20190913_131746_543.jpg
    IMG_20190913_131746_543.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 553
  • IMG_20191022_090814_163.jpg
    IMG_20191022_090814_163.jpg
    146.6 KB · Views: 556
  • IMG-20200127-WA0015.jpeg
    IMG-20200127-WA0015.jpeg