• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Wild Dog Adventure Riding and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

BMW F 650GS 2002 for sale at R30 000 with 46 000 km on clock. SOLD

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GS-Dawid

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Triumph 800 XC
My new bike has arrived and my trusty old 650 must go unfortunately.  I bought this red 650GS in 2006 when it had only 4400 km on the clock.
It had its 10k & 20K services at BMW Northside and the 30K at local dealer (good biker guy and friend of mine) and 40 000 km service at Kurt (Adventurer).  Valves checked and needed no adjustment.
This bike never broke and only once did I get stuck next to the road and that was only a flat tyre.  Not the bikes fault.
Extra’s
ABS, Heated grips
Aluminium Chain guard & ABS sensor guard (Ex blazes)
Halo plug on dash installed by Adventurer – works great.
BMW high screen (with lots of scratches some of them was on the screen when I got it second hand and the other happened the same day I put the screen on when I washed the bike and it fell over against the wall when the grass got wet from the water)  I suppose you only make this stupid mistake once.  The scratches on the right hand side plastics and bend front brake lever due to the same incident).  I only installed this as an experiment and then never removed it.  Worked great for me.  But I am short.
OEM low silver screen also available
BMW topbox with key coded same as bike key.
Spare key
Sprint Oxford Tankbag  Used about 4 times and in perfect condition.  Just full of dust from the last Parys to De Aar rally.
Toolbag.  Some not original as it got lost but I replaced it with generic tools.
Spare clutch and brake levers (new in original package – ex Startline  (Not original BMW) but good for backup – never need to use it.
Steering bearing replaced by Adventurer with 40 000 km service.
Shock seals replaced by BMW at 35 000 km
Battery replaced about one year ago.
Both new Mitas E 07 installed by Bike & Tyre April this year when the bike had 43 800 km on.  
Brand new chain and 2 sprockets installed by Runner last month when it had 44 800 km on.  
Bike in daily use.  Always start 1st time.  Fuel consumption is between 23 & 25 km /L .
The bike does have a few scratches mostly to the plastics and also deep scratches on the sump guard.  Just show how good that sump guard actually is. No damage to the engine or any important parts.  See pictures.
This is a perfect bike for someone who is starting with DS riding or wants to learn to ride.  Good little bike to introduce your wife or kid to DS riding.
PM me with any questions or to view.
I am in Fochville.  Suppose I can arrange to take it to JHB or Pretoria for serious buyers.

650GSforsale21.jpg

650GSforsale15.jpg

650GSforsale14.jpg

650GSforsale7.jpg

Latest posts