BMW/Garmin Navigator VI - Southern Africa DEM

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brucet

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW (all models)
So my Navigator is missing the Southern Africa DEM application. This application basically makes all the mountains etc 3D. Part of the attraction of the Nav VI.

I have been trying to get Northside BMW to sort this out for almost 2 months now without any joy and just empty promises and always blaming the new owners blah blah.

I have now just received an email from the technician, to say I need to book my bike in with the GPS so they can sort it out. No matter how much I explain it has nothing to do with the bike, the application is still missing off of the GPS and that the GPS and bike were purchased separately anyway, so why does the bike have to be booked in??? Ive now given up hope with them and am so glad that I have bought my 1250 GSA HP elsewhere. They have now also lost my mates GT1600, 1250 GSA and a 750 GS which he recently purchased also. 

Does anyone know how to get the Southern Africa DEM application installed onto the GPS. Garmin say ask BMW and BMW seem to think the GPS is affected by the bike (although its been used on two different GSA's.) and I dont hold much hope that they have any clue on how to sort it out.

I will pay for the DEM if I have to.

Thank you.