BMW Hochland Auto Sani Pass trip 15 - 17 August

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DeonDj

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW F800GS
This is my account of the Hochland Auto BMW trip to Sani Pass, first of all I want to say thanks Hentie ou maat, what a trip! Boerewors Wha! I decided Thursday ,â??What the hell, lets go!â? Go big or do not go, I watched the weather Thursday night, I did not like what I saw, a cold front approaching, rain and snow forecasted, ok, time to re â??think the trip â?¦â?¦â?¦â?¦â?¦â?¦â?¦â?¦â?¦â?¦â?¦â?¦â?¦â?¦â?¦â?¦..hhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmm >: :ricky:, ok Iâ??ll still go, Sani, wow it is something I always wanted to do.
I packed, I checked the bike, short notice but I was packed in minutes, Friday morning we all met at Hochland Auto, there was Jan from Reitz on an Trans Alp, Rikus ( aka FatBoy >:D) on a 1200 BMW, Andre on a 1200 BMW and HentieBM on the 800 GS. Myself on the AT, Black Mama.
PIC_0001.jpg

PIC_0002-1.jpg

PIC_0003.jpg

Hentie's bike with pack on the back..
PIC_0004.jpg

This had a making of a very good weekend, boy o boy was I right, woooa, we started of at 11h00, first stop was Street Café at Clarens for a quick refreshment, then on to Golden Gate to Sterkfontein Dam and again a quick stopover at Bingelela lodge for refreshments, it was very hot, we all prepared for cold and wet conditions, little did we know what would happen��������..
I told the guys about the nice beer at Notthingham Road, I was so lus for the beer that I took them on a wrong roadâ?¦.., eesh, ok so we were on the dirt to Boston, myself and HentieBM were the scouts, it seems the local farmers there can only drive balls to the wall as they drive like maniacs on those gravel roads, but Hentie and me were going head to head on those roads, incredible feeling going through the Midlands Meander routes, great stuff, legend stuff! Sorry guys but the first strafdop was on me for the wrong turn >:D >:D
This was the route we took.
Lesothotrip.jpg

PIC_0005-1.jpg

Andre arriving after the first gravel excursion, hehehe, at Boston T junction.
PIC_0006.jpg

Andre arranging his hair :pot:, or thinking, the bloody navigator is simple, by the way his bike is up for sale, nice looking BM, 8000 k's on the clock.
PIC_0007.jpg

The bikes at the stop, no uneventfull things happened on the first piece of gravel road everybody had setttled in, only Hentie grinning, wonder why? :ricky: Only a baboon female that nearly had gemeeenskaap with Hentie on an turn near Little Switersland, hehehe, Hentie she only wanted a little luuuve!
PIC_0009.jpg

Jan arriving.
PIC_0011-1.jpg

Rikus - Fatboy.
PIC_0010-1-2.jpg

Now we were on our way to Underberg, lovely road, we cruised in the late afternoon sunshine, our destination Himeville Arms..... ;D ;D
Will post the Himeville Arms part a liitle bit later, very very nice place >:D >:D