• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Wild Dog Adventure Riding and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

BMW R1150GS for sale - sold

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dreyer

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Yamaha XT600
This is a sad moment...I have decided to sell my Pig. It’s a 1999 model, bought it in 2009 with 42,000km, it’s now sitting on roughly 90,000km. I don’t have any information of the time before I bought it. Since I’ve had it I’ve done all the services myself, apart from valve clearance and throttle body sync which was done at 78,000km by Alan Lewis.
I’ve had the frame powder coated and replaced the tank with another 2ndhand tank (yellow) since two of the fuel pump assembly unit mounting studs broke off, and replacing the tank was easier than replacing the stud. Since I was planning on re-spraying it anyway, I changed the beak and rear mudguard to yellow as well. I did the re-spray myself. I also had the seat re-covered. The bike was originally silver with a red seat.
-Scorch Y-piece fitted
-New Anakees front and rear
-Leather Bagster tank cover and tank bag

The spokes have some rust on them, and it's had a slight oil sweat where the gear box and engine bolts together for as long as i've had it. It has also been known to ping under hard acceleration on hot days when loaded, but I installed the y-piece and am running the "step toe" cat code jump, and I do think it is an improvement. I have tried to manipulate the fueling by installing a variable resitor on the ilet air temperature sensor, which is still in place. That is everything i am aware of at this stage.

I was never planning on selling it, but things have changed and I think I should move to a smaller, lighter and more economical bike. I think is R39,000 is fair, but it is negotiable to some extent. Bike is in PE. PM me if intersted.