BMW Waterproof pants LOST

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stofsuier

Puppy
Reaction score
Something horrific happened to me on my way to work this morning. My side pannier blew open and my BMW waterproof pants blew out. I retraced my steps back home, but I didn't actually expect to still find it anywhere. That time of the morning the M5 past Lavender Hill is filled with pedestrians and someone would instantly have picked it up. All of this R1000 later!!!!! How do you get by in the current Cape Town weather on a bike without a rain pants?!! It's simply not possible.

I am not sure what hurts more, the financial loss, or the thought that some snotkop (possibly a tikkop) that picked it up and wouldn't even know the value of it. He's probably gonna go plaster a wall in it or gartjie a taxi in it or something like that.

I hate my bike's panniers. As useful as they are, they caused me lots of inconvenience in the past. Once I came through the Tankwa karoo and noticed when looking in my mirror a kilometer long string of toilet roll stretched out in the desert behind me. Turn out the pannier also blew open and strew all my stuff out along the road. If it were not for the conspicuous toilet paper I would probably have carried on indefinitely. I think after a massive loss such as today this will be the final straw. I am going to throw them on the scrap. F that!

Now to wound myself some more, I'm off to buy another one. *sigh*