BoosterPlug on Triumph 865 Speedmaster

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 890 Adventure R
I fitted the Boosterplug to my 2013 Triumph 865 Speedmaster looking to overcome a classic Euro 4 off-idle stumble, and occasional stall. Also, I didn’t like the near-pinking behavior on pull-away , which is exacerbated by this machines fairly tall launch gear.
The Boosterplug is so simple to install on this model, you need only an Allen key to remove the seat !
The result is subtle at first, but when the engine achieves full operating temperature, the ride-ability is fundamentally improved.  Blipping the throttle when gearing down is now free of hesitation. The tractability, or smooth firing, is noticeably improved in the zone from idle to peak torque, especially under the challenge of light load and low rpm, such as on long downhills, when boxed in by slow traffic.  Transition, when rolling the throttle off and on, especially by a small increment, shows much of the previous snatch is smoothed out.  Larger fistfuls of throttle, through the full rev range, produces a noticeably smoothed out and more robust torque curve, with a longer and healthier and more linear peak torque delivery. The near-detonation tendency, sensed as a rattle at low revs and large throttle opening, is replaced by an audibly  healthier pulse of combustion.  The Boosterplug is no supercharger ,  even if it does improve acceleration. What is does though, is overcome Euro 4’s requirement for “precisely wrong” fueling, and returns a more rewarding ride, the way your bike should have left the factory!
The happy fact that this mod, under constant-cruise highway conditions, actually allows the ECU to return to the fuel-sipping OEM map, was the final reason I decided on the Boosterplug , over a more expensive and complex Stage One + Remap conversion.
Lastly, by making the bike a joy to actually CRUISE, will have you riding slower more of the time, thus hopefully offsetting the overall environmental impact of the tiny bit of fuel in the smoother-burn mixture that the Boosterplug ingeniously delivers ( and only when you need it! )
What a great product !   
John K****
Cape Town
South Africa 

Attachments

• 2013-Triumph-Speedmaster.jpg
    2013-Triumph-Speedmaster.jpg
    281.7 KB · Views: 64