Breedsnek - My first gravel trip

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Voogie

Puppy
Reaction score
Bike
Kawasaki KLR 650
So I decide to get an old 2004 Kawasaki KLR 650 for me and the wife to tour on and convinced my best friend to also get him one. We decided that it is now time to take the bikes to where they are most comfortable the road untaken. After a few discussions with Groenie, we decided that Breedsnek is a great place to start our adventures.

Now for a complete offroad beginner the sight and thought of gravel is uncomfortable, but after a while I started to enjoy the freedom. So when we finally reached the uphill part of Breedsnek, we where full out enjoying ourselves, even the wife enjoyed it. We made a beer stop at the top, or what was left of the beer and dried out our top boxes a bit in the sun. Then we attempted the downhill section. And man was that interesting, when you look in your rearview mirror and see your buddy run next to the bike and my dad and brother on his GS is also no longer on the bike. What a amazing day, the bug has now full out bitten me.

2dd6cfd715f10e70dff099c19ae44a1f.jpg

41730c67dacf2dacc5f6371daa7418f0.jpg

3cb48d77ac131a8e29c286acbec57596.jpg

0f077abe5981faa002aeab1afd83b557.jpg

Next step for me will be to get some extra bike protection like a decent skid plate as the stock on is no more. And should definitely invest in a goPro to capture these moments next time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk