Cairo to South Africa

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

imo

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 990 Adventure
Hey Guys

My dream has always been to do an Overland Trip through Africa but time has always been an issue that prevented this trip.  A few years ago, i managed to get part of this trip done and went from Durban to Zanzibar and back on a 660 Tenere (www.two2zanzibar.blogspot.com).  This trip was a total of 10 000 k/m that we did in 6 weeks very comfortably.

i have finally made the decision to fulfill a dream, i have decided to do the Cairo to SA route in 2019.

the plan is to Leave around July 2019 and travel for 6 to 8 weeks max.  My bike will be shipped to Alexandria in Egypt and i will fly over and start the journey.

I have started the planning and boy oh boy, this is going to be an epic trip.

At this point i am planning the trip as a solo trip but would love some company.  Any of you guys keen on joining me?  Get in touch and lets chat.

After a very basic costing and lost of thumb sucking, this trip will cost in the region of R75 000 (i think we can get this cost down), this depends heavily on the number of guys going, accommodation options, number of nights on the road etc.

i have a basic outline of costs and route that i can send to anyone interested.

So? Who is Keen?