Cape Town to Vic Falls - Help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

killboy

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Triumph 800 XC
Hi guys.

Yes, not really an active member, and living in London, but as I'll be enjoying the African sun in Cape Town in December, I've decided to rope a mate into a little trip to Vic Falls.

The short plan is to leave on Dec 26th on the Shosholoza train (12:30) from Cape Town (I'll be travelling this section without my wingman) to JHB (arrive on Dec 27th at 15:30), where I'll meet up with him. I'm thinking it would probably be better for the trip to do this a day earlier, but not so sure the familia will be too pleased I spend Christmas on a smelly train. :patch:

So, leaving the 28th for Vic Falls from Johazardburg, that gives us 4 days to make the New Years party on Lake Kariba.

I need a suggested route. Something perhaps off the main highways (I suspect however traffic to be flowing the other way of Mad Bob's minions wanting to get their pound of cash on SA soil), but with limited time, something fairly quick. I recon its about 1500-1600kms, over 3.5 days, need to be able to average about 450kms a day.

TIA (Thanks in advance - not the Africa one).