Cedarberg adventure

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

daveh

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Honda CRF-1000L Africa Twin
After reading all the cool ride reports on the Cedarberg, I have for a long time been itching to go. If you have not had the pleasure of the Cedarberg, I strongly reccomend that you make a plan and just do it!!
Friday quick rush around to get a rammount for the GPS. Saturday loaded and ready to go
Picture001.jpg

Yes I managed to get all our gear into the topbox and then put a cargo net over it for safety sake. Read too many stories on the forum of topboxes comming adrift.
Quick stop in Ceres for lunch and time to catch the second half of the game. Quite a few flowers out
Picture045.jpg

Katbakkies Pass
Picture057.jpg

Rule number one do not trust the GPS ... lead us astray, luckily I had a map as backup.
Picture060.jpg

Picture093.jpg

Then onto our overnight stop.. Cedarberg Oasis. What  great stop. Thanks Gerrit for your welcome and the steaks were really good. What a cool place to stay
Picture105.jpg

Picture084.jpg

Next day after a great breakfast we were on our way to Clanwilliam
Picture136.jpg

Cedarberg scenary
Quick stop in Clanwilliam, then onto Lamberts Bay
Picture145.jpg

Alomg the gravel road to Elands Bay, then down to Veldrift.
Picture162.jpg

Cape Columbine
Picture175.jpg

Late lunch in Paternoster
Picture189.jpg

Then onto home.
Total distance >746kms.
Total time in the saddle 10 hrs
Picture.jpg

Picture194.jpg

If you have ever considered a quick overnight trip, all I can say is go for it the Cedarberg is spectacular and we will be back. :biggrin: :biggrin: