Centurion to Cape Town..the shortcut.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Geelkat

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Honda CRF 300L
At some point I need to go and collect the little Rally in Centurion, and the idea was to join the Doornkloof not a bash on the way back home (not sure how TF I am going to get myself to wait till October for the bike but this is not about that)...

I have leave for two days before the Doornkloof not a bash, and three days after the weekend (which can be extended).

So, I will fly up to ORT, get myself to Centurion on the Thursday, spend the morning acquiring riding gear and then spend the rest of the day with family.

Friday I need to work out a nice route from Centurion to Doornkloof (need some ideas, been a long time since I have explored that area).
Then I need to work out a route from Doornkloof back to Cape Town from the Sunday through Wednesday, or longer, but I need to factor the 1000km oil service into that as well (maybe Bloemfontein, not sure yet).

It will have to be a lodge Johhny/backpackers type trip since I am not flying up with camping gear and the little Rally will still not have any luggage capability, so I am going to travel really light.
(unless I buy a luggage rack from @zebra and have it shipped up to Pretoria ahead of the time)?

Any recommendations (route, affordable places to sleep over, where will it make sense to have the service done on the way, how TF do I avoid JHB traffic on the way to Doornkloof on the Friday, avoid highways altogether, and so on...