Chobe boundary: Kasane to Maun via Linianti - Allowed on bike or not?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Xpat

Grey Hound
Reaction score
Bike
AJS (all models)
I would like to get from Kasane to Maun following the cutlines/tracks along the northern and western boundary of Chobe, via Linianti and Mababe village.

I have done already the tracks from Kasane to Maun along the east and south boundary of Chobe to Mababe, so know that as long as I stay out of NP (i.e. stays follows the boundary or gets away from the park), there should be no problems - at least I didn't have any and met some rangers in Mababe who didn't seem to be bothered. Based on that I have plotted the attached route this time following north and west boundary - attached below. The only problem  is the Linianti area highlighted by red circle in the picture below and then shown in detail in the next picture, where it seems I will have to cross through a gate and Linianti camp.

Anybody who knows the area - do you think I will be allowed to cross through that gate and camp on bike if I promise (which of course I intend to honour) that I will just transit to the Transit road (i.e. cutline) that follows the western Chobe boundary down to Khwai river and Mababe?

If you know somebody who lives in the area, with whom I could check, I would appreciate if you can PM me their details.

Thank you

Attachments

• Okavango - Big.jpg
    Okavango - Big.jpg
    643.8 KB · Views: 123
  • Linianti Detail 2.jpg
    Linianti Detail 2.jpg
    278 KB · Views: 126