Circular Cederberg Route

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1100GS
Been looking at including a circular route in the Cederberg, starting from the Oasis where we will have two nights in early November before we go north towards Namibia*.  I'd really like to get up to Wupperthal (assuming the road from the south is OK, I can check with Gerrit when I'm there I guess) and then some how cut across to the R355 to head south to the Tankwa Padstal and back to the Oasis.  Ideally I'd avoid going on the road through Algeria as that will be the route we'll take to Clanwilliam and Springbok.

The only pass I can find from Wupperthal is the Uitspankrall, and having seen the video  :eek: :eek:  there is no way I would attempt that two up on a big GS, and I know that the other couple travelling with us would probably end up being helicoptered out if they tried it.

Is there another less demanding way of crossing over to the R355 without the day ending up stupid long?  Otherwise, any suggestions for a fun  (but not not mega demanding)  day ride out? 

*Covid permitting!