Clothes can be washed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NEON DEON

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 1190 Adventure
I am starting preliminary preparations for our bike tour to Cape town in December . As the heading states , clothes can be washed , but I think we always pack to much stuff . Suggestions to travel as light ,but as comfortable as possible . I normally take a pair of tekkies with for when I dont wear my boots , then a pair of jeans , thinking to take 2 , and then 4 golf shirts , jocks & socks . Partner packs way to much stuff , how does one convince them its not all needed with out starting world war 3 :imaposer:
Then my bike , riding a 1190 adventure , have panniers and top box , top box for partner , left pan , mine right for extras . My rear tyre is going squire and from previous experience the bike feels like its on marbles , the more square it goes .I recon I still have more than 5k life on the tire , but considering to fit new before we go , option B is to ride the current set and get max life out of them and possibly fit new in Cape town . no its my choice but would you push mileage or fit new ?
Do you take everything required from home ? or do you shop along the way ? we normally take everything , but I feel its not necessary , many shops along the way , and most places have complimentary  soap , shampoo in the bathrooms .

Think the jest of my post is how does one convince the female part of the package its not required to take the kitchen zinc , and all its pots and pans along , with out creating an unhappy traveller. We will be making use of B& B no camping .
As for clothes , they can be washed and I/ we tend to do so on every trip , I will wash jocks & socks , a t shirt , seldom jeans , but have done that as well . so does my partner , but box is still full and heavy  :lol8:

Latest posts