NEW IDEA

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DEON 1190

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 1190 Adventure
I have on insistence from my partner bought a Cardo system , installed in one helmet and I use this when we ride together . I then bought myself a SHOEI HORNET ( KTM BRANDED) and not keen to alter the looks by having a roach fitted to the side .
Having Bluetooth as standard feature on phones I though I should try a set of EarPods , can listen to music and have navigation instructions fed as well . So I ordered a set from TEMO .Priced at R200.00 I was happy to take the chance . Parcel arrived yesterday , pods were charged at 85% so paired with phone and they work well . Then tried them with the helmet on , just a test fit , and no pressure on the ears , sound is good , need to still figure out how to control volume , but think its from phone . Only issue I have so far is that they fall out when removing the helmet , and no way to catch them , tried it a couple times and very time pods on the floor , this could be a issue . doing some research to see how to prevent this from happening if at all possible .
Can say after a very short test the idea works . I have to add , that I did consider buying a extra CARDO cradle and speaker set , but my apprehension to the roach on the side has had me resisting , the EarPods idea might have solved this .
I also want to mention that on my last trip down to Ramsgate I tried earplugs to stop the humming in my ears after the days riding . That ARROW on the 1190 barks big time . I hope the pods will help .