Comfort seat

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Bike
Honda CRF-1100L Africa Twin
I've been contemplating on getting a Seat Concepts seat for a while now, as the 500 basically comes with an ironing board for a seat. At around R10k before postage and duties, it is a bit out of reach for me at the moment, so I just lived with it. Eet bietjie sement, harden the fuck up en ry hom soos hy is.

So at the start of the second day of the Tankwa rally I noticed the seat on the bike next to me. It looked so comfortable and nice to sit on, seat envy - immediately. So I asked who did the seat and the guy said that he did it himself, turns out I was talking to Eric Groenewoud from Nithrone Seat Covers.

Two weeks later I couriered my seat to Onrus for Eric to give it some TLC. My original seat cover started to tear and the seat was taking on water. The foam was dried and then it received some extra foam layers. He then shaped foam, applied a waterproof outer layer and wrapped in in a new seat cover.

I got it back just in time for the Honda Adventure and Dirtbike festival. What an improvement! The whole bike feels different (in a good way) and is so much nicer to ride. The gripper material used for the seat cover is also a big improvement, it almost as if you are glued to the seat, where you would normally slide off.

If you need any seat work done, I believe Eric is your guy, I'm very impressed.

Before:
Before 1.jpeg
Before 2.jpeg

In process:

During 1.jpeg
During 2.jpeg
During 3.jpeg
During 4.jpeg
During 5.jpeg

After:

After 1.jpeg
After 2.jpegAfter 3.jpeg